6/11/2007

Tucker Carlson is a pathetic sell-out...


Ever since leaving CNN for his own show on MSNBC, Tucker Carlson has misplaced his spine and abandoned everything that made him the prominent conservative commentator that he used to be. Ever since he was sandwiched between Chris Matthews and Keith Olberman, Tucker has made a mockery of his reputation and does very little other than bad mouth Republicans at every turn. This might be due to the fact that no self-respecting Republican will any longer be a guest on his show, which has left him with random Democratic operatives who make bad points to which he lamely responds, "I agree, I agree." Chris Matthews may as well be standing behind him pulling the string, because I haven't heard anything other than pandering to his now liberal audience for months.

When his book came out a few years ago, Politicians, Partisans and Parasites: My Adventures in Cable News, I read it in one night. I used to ask for bow ties at Christmas time because I was the biggest Tucker Carlson fan in the entire Chicagoland area. But for whatever reason, Tucker has changed, and I don't buy for one second that it is because of the war in Iraq. Personally I think he is drinking the kool-aid Chris Matthews brews for him every morning, because he sounds like an idiot a lot of the time. I know he is smarter than that, but it is difficult to tell anymore when the best part of his show is when he brings on Willy Geist to poke fun at Paris Hilton.

He constantly wants to assert that Bush lied, which is the most intellectually dishonest position that the fringe Bush-haters have taken, when there is so clearly a difference between being wrong and being disingenuous. Unfortunately Tucker has lost touch with common sense and has bought into the left-wing spin machine talking points. I am sure that when he realizes that he has contributed to the emergence of a Democratic decade in control over government, he will change his tune real fast. Unfortunately, by then the damage will be done and America will be much, much weaker than it has ever been at any point in our history. Apparently that is the America that Tucker wants to live in...

No comments: