5/24/2007

All the motivation I need to quit smoking...

I have smoked since I was 16 years-old and everyday I wake up regretting the first time I decided it was cool to smoke a cigarette. I have tried to quit more than a couple of times in the years since then, but the confluence of several factors, not the least of which being the fact that my friends are almost universally smokers, have always kept me from following through on my private pledge to remain steadfast in my commitment to becoming smoke free. I have recently begun another attempt to quit cold turkey, and this time I have supplemented my will power with statistics on what smoking does to the body over time, and the odds of averting excruciatingly slow and painful death. This is the first data mashup of many to come that I am posting both for myself, as a reminder of why I wanted to quit in the first place, and for my many friends who have yet to find their inspiration to quit.

Relative Risk for Current Smokers - Men vs. Women

No comments: